SafetyLink Risk Manager - End of Support Notice
6 July 2023
Dear SafetyLink User
Twenty seven years ago the first New Zealand Health and Safety Act came into being. To assist businesses navigate its requirements we created a software package called OSH Compliance Manager. Two rewrites and name changes resulted in SafetyLink Risk Manager. It is remarkable our Windows application has lasted so long.
Decentralised Windows software has, yet again, become centralised. Now Software As a Service (SAS) is provided by IT infrastructure organisations. We had to decide if we were prepared to become an online subscription platform which entailed another major rewrite and a change of strategy. The online health and safety market is already saturated and another is not required. After an unsuccessful search for someone to take over support, reluctantly, we have decided to end support for SafetyLink.
Where does this leave SafetyLink users?
While pondering this decision over the last year or so, we suspended billing for support and subscriptions, although we continued providing help and support where required.
- You are welcome to continue using SafetyLink on an as-is basis for free. We will no longer be updating it, although it is now mature and stable software.
- SafetyLink was set to expire in 2036, 40 years after it was first created which, at the time, seemed a long way off. On request, this can be configured to run after expiry.
- The latest version of SafetyLink is 11.024. Current users who would like to update to this latest version or set an unlimited number of maximum employees or allow the software to run after expiry should request this by emailing us before the end of August 2023.
- Organisations intending to continue using SafetyLink for some time should notify us by email and we will send extra resources as we package them up over the next month or two.
- To check your current user employee limit and expiry date go to file/registration/view registered options.
SafetyLink Gold - users purchased an organisation-wide licence to use the software for a maximum number of employees. This may be opened up to an unlimited number of employees by emailing us a request before the end of August. Previously, the payroll interface and email notification facility required an active support subscription but this requirement has now been removed.
SafetyLink Enterprise - subscriptions were on either an organisation-wide monthly or annual basis. We stopped billing these subscriptions between one and two years ago. You may continue using the software without payment on an as-is basis. Enterprise licenses have no employee limit and will expire in 2036. See above to extend this.
After 27 years we have decided to wind up the company. We at Compliance Solutions Ltd are very-belatedly retiring.
I would like to thank all our users over the last 27 years, particularly the many loyal customers still using the software. We wish you all well for the future.
Compliance Solutions Ltd
Compliance Solutions Ltd, PO Box 31 087, Milford, Auckland, N.Z. ©1996-2023 Compliance Solutions Ltd. All rights reserved.